Dreamit supporting digital health innovations
Industry analysts project that the digital health market will reach $233 billion by 2020. Dreamit, a global network of entrepreneurs, investors and corporate innovators, partners with some of the nation’s largest health systems, insurers, and pharma companies to develop and assist early stage startups in this quickly evolving technology space through a 14 week accelerator program. Dreamit's selection process for identifying companies to participate in the upcoming fall cohort has included the review of a diverse group of founders from dozens of countries.
Some key innovation trends surfaced during the process, including:
• Data-driven, patient-centered artificial intelligence (AI) technologies that provide real-time actionable data to effect positive behavior change and improved health outcomes
• Mobile applications that simplify patient engagement and streamline clinical workflow prior to medical office visits
• Multichannel, easy to use, digital handheld devices that enhance patient engagement and provide patient reported/generated data to medical stakeholders
• Wearable devices that provide asynchronous clinical monitoring, medication adherence and disease management support
• A wide array of medical devices in the cardiovascular, diagnostics and auditory fields
The fall 2016 cycle will begin September 12th and is sure to include devices and other digital innovations that will change the way healthcare is delivered in the future.