Health Design 2017 focuses on the design of health technology and health services and hospital architecture. Our goal is to strengthen the multi-level application of design in the health sector. The event brings together healthcare, design and technology professionals, as well as healthcare companies and research organizations.
We will answer questions such as:
- How do you commercialize health technology through design?
- How can health services be developed through a virtual hospital?
- What kind of design principles have been applied in the New Children's Hospital?
The event will take place on Wednesday 29th of November 2017 in Otaniemi, Espoo, at the Aalto University Harald Herlin Learning Center. The working language of the event is English. Event tickets (early bird price is 99 euros until 12.11., 150 euros after) are available here: https://holvi.com/shop/healthdesign/
Some of the speakers at the event:
- Zeynep Falay von Flittner, Director of Design, Hellon
- Sakari Forsman, Achitect SAFA, SARC Architects, Helsinki
- Saara Hassinen, Managing Director, Healthtech Finland
- Visa Honkanen, Director of Strategic Development, HUS
- Pekka Lahdenne, Director of Digital Services and Innovation Services, Childhood and Adolescent Disease, HUS
- Prashant Jha, Fellowship Director of Biodesign School at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi
- Sami Niemelä, Creative Director, Nordkapp
- Jyrki Nieminen, R&D Director, Merivaara
- Emil Virkki, UX Designer, Kaiku
A Health Design pitching competition will take place at the event on the 28th to the 29th November. The aim of the competition is to advance research-based health innovations. The prize sum is 50,000 euros in total, the first prize being 30,000 euros. The top three competitors will receive prizes. The sponsor of the competition is Instrumentarium Science Foundation. Those taking part in the competition will be able to get valuable feedback from the Health Design panel of judges and further learn how good design can help them succeed.
Instructions for participation: https://www.healthdesign.fi/#competition. The application deadline is 20.11.2017.
The jury consists of Saara Hassinen (Healthtech Finland), Risto Ilmoniemi (Instrumentarium Science Foundation and Aalto University), Prashant Jha (All India Institute of Medical Sciences Delhi) and Jyrki Nieminen (Merivaara).
The event is organized by Northbay, Healthtech Finland and HUS as partner of Aalto University.